Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh quatrefoil.. I still love you so!

There is just something about this historic shape that has captured my heart.  I know it's a trend (all be it one that's been around for hundreds of years) and realistically probably on it's way out the door, but I must admit I still have love for the quatrefoil.  If this shape looks familiar to you,  it's probably because you've seen it on churches and cathderals throughout Europe.  The quatrefoil shape was most popular and used countless times during the Gothic Revival and the Renaissance.
Our current client is considering the stunning Regina Andrew light fixture (below) and technically I know it's not exactly a true quatrefoil but it's close enough don't you think?  I love the classic, simple beauty of this light!  And let me say, I would literally die a thousand deaths to have a kitchen with the quatrefoil tiled backsplash below.  Amazing. 

house beautiful

regina andrew

design ties

decor pad

the lennoxx

loftenberg




1 comment:

  1. I think I belong in that kitchen with that backsplash!! If I'm not mistaken that is my blue le crueset pot, so it has to be my kitchen!! (wish)

    ReplyDelete