Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Take it Outside!

Summer is fast approaching in our stunningly beautiful city of Vancouver.  I find myself craving the long, warm evenings, sunshine and spending a lot more time outside.  Decorating your outdoor space can be just as much fun as putting together the inside of your home.  Don't be timid!  Use bold textures and bright fabrics.  Patterned outdoor rugs and jewel tone lanterns are always a beautiful touch.  The weather won't last long, play up the chilled out summer vibe and have fun with it!

jubella

kelly wearstler






the blue house

belle vivir

a touch of luxe

design sponge

metropolitan home

the decorologist

knotting hill interiors

elle decor

elle decor


10 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me want to move out of my apartment asap so I can do a better job decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want an outdoor space so bad! All of these inspiration shots are amazing :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! Bring on the warm weather so we can hang out outside!! Beautiful Blog BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's time. Enough with the rain Vancouver! I can't wait to get outside. I will take any of those outdoor spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is time for us to get outside and entertain. We do lots of entertaining outside with the outside Kitchen we built last year. It made our summer so wonderful last year. I miss it!! Even Mac and cheese tasted better. Thanks for all the great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos. The weather has been getting better, sort of? I am dying to spruce up our patio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rooftop patio with its red chandelier!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for all the great comments everyone!.. I think this year I'm going to buy some hot pink pillows to add to my orange (outdoor) settee! Colour, colour, colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!! Can't wait for summer and eating outside!!

    ReplyDelete